We got a call at 7:00 A.M. to let us know they put Ansley back on the CPAP. She had a few too many spells overnight. The doctors said she was breathing too fast and hard and wanted to make sure she didn't tire out. Since going back on the CPAP, she had only one spell all day.
We were able to give the girls sponge baths. Ansley seemed to like getting her hair washed and combed. As you can see in the pictures below, we took her CPAP gear off and gave her a serious head cleaning! She did extremely well while off the machine. We attribute that to her really enjoying being pampered. We had to wait on washing Abigail's hair because it was feeding time. Daddy enjoyed Abigail's diaper change. He said that her poopoo looked liked chocolate dippindots!! I think he got more on his hands than the wipe!!! He had to let Mommy finish. :) If you know Eric, this makes perfect sense!!! The nurse thought it was too funny.
Ansley gets her hair done by Mommy.
Ansley appears to have enjoyed getting cleaned up.

Daddy tries to wake Abigail for her bath.
Abigail looks at the camera after her bath.
When the girls are able to go without their CPAPS, they will be able to co-bed. We are really looking forward to this event. Please pray that this will happen soon. We are certain they miss each other very much.
Monday the girls will get head ultrasounds done to monitor brain development. Please pray that the results will come back normal.
2 Comments:
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:08:00 AM,
Becky said…
Happy Mother's Day Rebecca! You deserve a good day filled with good things! I will continue to pray for your precious baby girls... they will keep getting better and better... I can't wait to see pics when they start to "co-bed"! How sweet!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:11:00 PM,
Jenny Reijgers said…
I'm not sure if you remember me, but i'm becky's sister. I check your blog almost everyday to see your beautiful girls and how they're doing. It sounds like things are going well and that's such great news. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Jenny
Post a Comment
<< Home