Surprise!!!!
Ok. Is everyone sitting down?! ABIGAIL AND ANSLEY'S HOMECOMING WILL BE THURSDAY!!!!! Yes, you heard us correctly! We cannot believe their homecoming day is so soon!
We both relived the first moment that we found out that we were having twins...
We went for our ultrasound February 9, which was 20 weeks into the pregnancy. Things had been going well, except for the extreme morning sickness, which lasted almost all day. (Thank goodness for Zophran!) We were both very anxious to find out what we were having. When the first image appeared on the screen both of us looked at it and knew something wasn't right. The tech noticed that we both looked a little confused, and she said, "Do you guys not know you are having twins?!" Well, obviously we had no clue! We were then is absolute shock and had to keep it a secret (almost) until Saturday when we told both families at the same time! Eric put it best when he said, "I wouldn't have been more surprised if I had woken up with my head sewn to the carpet!" (That's for all of you Christmas Vacation lovers out there!!!)
Here is the picture we saw...
Finding out that we were going to be able to bring them home was kind of like finding out that we were having twins all over again! What a wonderful moment! We can't wait to share more stories in the coming days! The Lord has been so good!
Also, the weights today were a little backwards...Abigail was 5 lbs 2 oz and Ansley was 5lbs 3 oz. The nurse did say that Ansley hadn't had a "dirty" diaper in a while, but Ansley has definitely caught up for the time being!
The girls got to enjoy a nice visit from Brent and Robin, our good friends from Paragould. We can't wait for them to meet the rest of the gang!
We both relived the first moment that we found out that we were having twins...
We went for our ultrasound February 9, which was 20 weeks into the pregnancy. Things had been going well, except for the extreme morning sickness, which lasted almost all day. (Thank goodness for Zophran!) We were both very anxious to find out what we were having. When the first image appeared on the screen both of us looked at it and knew something wasn't right. The tech noticed that we both looked a little confused, and she said, "Do you guys not know you are having twins?!" Well, obviously we had no clue! We were then is absolute shock and had to keep it a secret (almost) until Saturday when we told both families at the same time! Eric put it best when he said, "I wouldn't have been more surprised if I had woken up with my head sewn to the carpet!" (That's for all of you Christmas Vacation lovers out there!!!)
Here is the picture we saw...
Finding out that we were going to be able to bring them home was kind of like finding out that we were having twins all over again! What a wonderful moment! We can't wait to share more stories in the coming days! The Lord has been so good!Also, the weights today were a little backwards...Abigail was 5 lbs 2 oz and Ansley was 5lbs 3 oz. The nurse did say that Ansley hadn't had a "dirty" diaper in a while, but Ansley has definitely caught up for the time being!
The girls got to enjoy a nice visit from Brent and Robin, our good friends from Paragould. We can't wait for them to meet the rest of the gang!



18 Comments:
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:06:00 AM,
Lindsay said…
That is such wonderful news!! Rebecca-who was the closest on the calendar? Let us know if you need anything!! Love, Lindsay
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:52:00 AM,
TheGlissonFamily said…
Congratulations! I know exactly how you are feeling almost one year later. Our stories are very similar, but our girls showed up only 7 weeks early. The homecoming is an exciting time--you guys have had the benefit of learning how to take care of twins without completely being on your own. Use your friends and family at this time and enjoy every minute of it--that first year will fly by!
God bless, Rebekah G.
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:53:00 AM,
Stacy said…
I am so happy for the good news! I know that will be a wonderful day for your family! God is so good and has blessed your family so much. We will continue to keep you in our prayers that all goes well at home. Please keep us posted We enjoy all the pictures and news that you share.
Love,
Michael, Stacy, Kayman, Korie, and Kendrix Bryant
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:56:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey guys!
What great news!! I am so excited for you guys and I know that you can't wait to get those precious girls home!! I hope to get to see them again soon!
Happy Belated Father's Day Eric! I know that you will be a great father to those angels!! You have always been great with kids!! I will be praying for you family and let me know if I can do anything to help out!!
I love you guys!
Aunt Julie
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:17:00 AM,
Dana and the kids said…
This is wonderful news! I'm am so excited for the both of you.
Better enjoy the next couple of nights of sleep. ;)
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:18:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
That is so awesome. I am so happy for you guys. I know that had to be a shocker!! God is good ;-)
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:30:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Yea! I know you guys are so excited. Hope it all goes well, we will be praying for you.
Leslie Ware
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:27:00 PM,
Jillina said…
Oh my goodness!!! I am so happy for you guys. I can harldy wait till Thursday just so they will be home with you. Yay!! Please let us know if we can do anything to help out. Love you all
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:33:00 PM,
Pam Freer said…
Awesome news!!!! We are so excited for all of you. I bet the hospital staff will miss you guys.
Love,
Wayne, Pam, Treka, & Wade
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:47:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
ohh that's SO exciting!! I wanna see these cute little things!!
ohh and rebecca told me to leave yall some advice...what i have right now is...dress the girls alike all you can now...every outfit...match them!! but when they get older...like kindergarten or 1st grade and they decide they don't wanna dress alike anymore...let them...: )
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:45:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Just because you get to bring those babies home doesn't mean that you can stop "Blogging". I know that you will not have time to do it as often, but those babies have become a big part of so many peoples' lives that you just have to keep us updated w/ stories and pictures. I'm so happy for you both. (Gran has been beside herself all day)- Kelly
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:49:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU FOUR! Please keep the blog. I love seeing pictures of the beauties. I wish you the best of luck with the homecoming.
Love,
RaeRae
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:23:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! The girls are beautiful and I know you can't wait for them to be home. You've been in my prayers and will continue to be.
Tami Sutton
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:54:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
We are so excited about your news. We will be praying for you. Dave and Nancy Bland
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:31:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I'm so excited this is amazing news. I can't wait to see them. God has truly blessed your family. Congrats again.
Love y'all,
Mallory
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:19:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Praise GOd! We are so thrilled for you and we will continue to pray for you guys! Especially as you adjust into a daily routine! Much love! Kevin, Elizabeth and Bella
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:47:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am so happy to hear the girls are finally coming home. I check the blog on a daily basis to see how they are progressing. Keep the stories coming as you begin your journey at home - I know they are going to be exciting!!! Jordan is so excited that her cousins are doing so well. She can't wait to meet them. - Lisa and Jordan
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:49:00 AM,
Unknown said…
Congrats from me too! And I echo that the time flies by so enjoy every second of your time with those beautiful newborns.
Sara (Pigg) Walker
Post a Comment
<< Home