Happy Fathers' Day!
These are two of the best daddies on the planet!! I just hope I am half the father they were to us. (This picture is from the Mitchell/ Johns/Bland annual 4th of July lake trip. We think the girls thought they might be able to join us this year. Sorry, Abigail and Ansley, we will have to sit this one out!) Thank you for your patience with us the last couple of weeks on the blog. Since our last post, the girls have been taking all 8 feedings by bottle or nursing!!! This is great for the girls and for Daddy. Sure makes life harder on Mommy, as she is required to be a the hospital more often for some reason!!! ;-)
Abigail and Ansley are both doing tremendous and we are really seeing the light at the end of the NICU tunnel. My first Father's day was very special. The only thing missing was my Father!! (and Mother) We hope to see them very soon. The last couple of months have been hard on Grammy and Peepaw as their parents have been ill in Arkansas and they have been taking care of them while worrying about their two new grandbabies and their Son and Daughter-in-law. They have done very well considering and we appreciate them soooo much.
We would like to answer two questions that we are getting constantly:
First, are the girls identical? If they are not identical, they sure do look alike!! The bigger they get, the more they look similar. They are only separated by 1.2 oz today. Abigail weighed 5 lbs, 3.4 oz. Ansley weighed 5 lbs, 2.2 oz. As they are growing, they are becoming more alert and staying awake longer during the day. This is where we can see their differences. Abigail is, how do we say it, not as patient as her sister, and is very vocal!! Ansley is much more warm natured. They both seem to enjoy sleeping with each other and cuddling. Ansley really enjoys licking the "far" out of her sister. Abigail was caught today sucking her sister's knee while she slept!! They are so funny to watch. I am sure we will have many stories to come.......
Second, when are they coming home? This one is easy......Very soon!! They are doing all the things that they are required to be able to do to come home, they just need some more of the same days to follow. We won't know until a couple of days before hand.
Please pray that things continue to go well. Thank you for your support and messages left here. They are very encouraging.
Here are a few more pics:

Mommy took Daddy out to eat tonight.



And finally, to all the boys out there.........



9 Comments:
At Monday, June 19, 2006 9:07:00 AM,
Dana and the kids said…
I LOVE the last picture. lol - have they secretly been hanging out with Savannah and hearing horror stories about boys?
It's amazing to see how much they've grown over the past two months.
At Monday, June 19, 2006 9:23:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
What a great set of pictures - esp. that last one!
I just wanted to give a pat on the back to Rebecca for hanging in there with the nursing. It's hard enough to get up in the middle of the night to feed a baby, but to have to drive to the hospital - Wow - that is dedication! For what it's worth, I'm proud of you!
Bev Tripp in Paragould
At Monday, June 19, 2006 9:54:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
We love the new pictures! The girls are growing and are just beautiful. Eric, we hope you had a great Father's
Day. Please continue to take good care of yourselves, so you will be ready for the Big Homecoming! Looking at the girls now, it is hard to believe the "wedding band" picture. We are so happy for the 4 of you.
Love, Cynthia and Trey Arnold
At Monday, June 19, 2006 9:59:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Eric, on your first Father's Day. What a great father you are, you did a wonderful job selecting a MOTHER for you babies. What fun you will have when you get them home, be sure to find some time for special stories about them, you can stop sending them when they are 18. They are so precious, I'm so glad we got to see them. Love yu both.Jerry and Betty
At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:12:00 AM,
Stacy said…
What good news! Your family is doing very well and I am so proud of all of you. I know that the homecoming will be great! You both are doing an awesome job! The girls are just beautiful and amazing! They are blessed to have you as parents!
Love,
Michael, Stacy, Kayman, Korie, and Kendrix Bryant
At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:16:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
The girls are so beautiful! I am so glad to hear that they are almost ready to go home!
Eric and Rebecca, you are extraordinary parents and pray that God continues to bless you and your girls.
Jennie Miller
At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:44:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Eric i hope you had a good first Father's Day!! : ) You're gonna be a great father!! I know that from watching you play with Samantha!
But I think they look alike too!! Identical twins are the best! And I want to see them when they get out of the hospital so hopefully it's soon!!
I love all of yall!!
At Monday, June 19, 2006 11:07:00 AM,
Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said…
Wow....they are doing great! They are beautiful whether they are identical or fraternal. What a sacrifice for Rebecca to make giving so much time AND energy nursing the girls. It will be well worth it in the long run when you bring home healthy, beautiful girls. It will get easier I promise, especially when you get them home and they can nurse at the same time. I have really enjoyed your blog....please keep it up!
Jamie (Park) Stahl
At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:10:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
I LOVE THE LAST PICTURE! You two are doing great with the girls. They are so beautiful! Rebecca, you are a terrific and dedicated mother. Eric, Happy Belated Father's Day. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment
<< Home