Happy 4 Weeks Abigail and Ansley!

Today Mommy had hoped to hold both Abigail and Ansley at the same time, but their CPAP tubes wouldn't reach between their two beds. So we compromised...Mommy held Abigail, and Daddy held Ansley. (Does anyone think that Daddy might have planned for that to happen?!) We were able to get another family picture.
We are beginning to wonder if the girls will remember each other. They are four weeks old today, which means it has been four weeks since they have been together. Hopefully, we will be able to reintroduce them within the next couple of weeks.

Both girls were having a great day. Ansley's feedings are going to be held until tomorrow, but she has shown significant weight gain and weighed in at 2 lbs. 15 oz!! Abigail is still liking her milk. She weighed in at 3 lbs. 5 oz!! Daddy lucked out with no dirty diapers today, but he had better realize that his time will definitely come again soon!! As part of their Mother's Day present, neither one had a true "spell" today.
Their ultrasounds to check for proper brain development and eye exams are scheduled for early this week. We are praying that they have inherited Daddy's better than perfect eyesight!! :)

We can't even begin to thank everyone for the numerous calls, letters, and comments left on the website over the past month. Your prayers and words of encouragement has helped us get through this difficult time. We love you all!!!
Eric and Rebecca
(a.k.a. Daddy and Mommy)
(See below for the precious Mother's Day cards from Abigail and Ansley.)



7 Comments:
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:09:00 PM,
Chelle said…
Happy Mother's Day.
I'm Chelle...I'm in POTATO that's where I got your Blog info.
You look very beautiful for having twins.
And your daughters look so precious. I teared up at the card they made.
At Monday, May 15, 2006 8:16:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Rebecca,
I hope you had a happy first Mother's Day. Thank you and Eric for sharing this important part of your lives. We really appreciate the updates. We continue to pray for your family and the girls continued improvement.
Love,
Mary C.
At Monday, May 15, 2006 8:27:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
We are so happy you had a wonderful Mother's Day. We pray that the tests go well this week and that the girls can co-bed soon. The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. We hope today is another good one.
Cynthia and Trey
At Monday, May 15, 2006 5:11:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy belated Mothers Day, Rebecca, and you will have many more to go w/ those precious girls. I went into labor w/ Halle on Mother's Day. That was the best gift I've ever gotten. Thank you both for the pictures. Donna keeps me updated, but it is nice to have pictures to look at. You both look great!!!!!!!!-Kelly R.
At Monday, May 15, 2006 9:10:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Eric and Rebecca,
I work downstairs from Donna. I had my son (Ethan)at 32 weeks. We spent 5 weeks in Memphis. He is now 1 1/2 years old and as normal as a term baby. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Holly Hunt
At Monday, May 15, 2006 9:50:00 PM,
Lindsay said…
Rebecca.....I hope you had a fabulous 1st Mother's Day. I'm sure that Abigail and Ansley already realize how lucky they are to have you as their mom. You're doing great!!!
Love you, Lindsay
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:56:00 PM,
The Adams Family said…
Happy Mother's Day! We almost had a Mother's Day suprise of our own. Everything's ok now though. We're proud of the way you and Eric have been handling everything and you have been in our prayers.
- Shaun & Narey
Post a Comment
<< Home