Blessings
I think we often take our blessings for granted. On the way to school this morning, we saw a lady who was homeless or in need of financial help on the side of the road. We have seen her before, and the girls have asked why she was standing there. I have tried to explain that she is trying to get help because she might not have a home like we do and is hungry and needs food. This morning, Ansley, out of the blue, said "Mommy, who took her house away?" It took me a minute to know what she was talking about. I saw the "pink lady" (which is what she was then referred to since she had a pink shirt on.) Then we went through our "talk" on a 3 year old level about how everyone doesn't have a house, food, and clothes. So we try to help them like Jesus would, and we should pray for them when we say our prayers. Abigail and Ansley then wanted to know why she doesn't have food, why her Mommy or Daddy can't give her food, why she needs money and doesn't have it, etc. Then, after a long pause, Ansley says, "Mommy, does she have a doggie?" I told her I wasn't sure. She then said, "Well, maybe we can share our doggie with her. She can play with Kaycee sometime." I thought it was so precious!
So today, I thought I would challenge everyone to take a few minutes and thank God for all of our many blessings that we have and may be taking for granted, whether it be your house, food, clothing, your mommy and daddy that help you, or your even your doggie. We have all been blessed!
So today, I thought I would challenge everyone to take a few minutes and thank God for all of our many blessings that we have and may be taking for granted, whether it be your house, food, clothing, your mommy and daddy that help you, or your even your doggie. We have all been blessed!



3 Comments:
At Monday, September 14, 2009 8:57:00 AM,
Jennie said…
You are so right. Thank you for your post.
At Monday, September 14, 2009 1:00:00 PM,
Becky said…
So sweet and so true!!
At Monday, September 14, 2009 2:22:00 PM,
Angie said…
So true! I've been overwhelmed with Emily lately, and the other night it hit me that I was so blessed to be able to feel so overwhelmed. It meant I had her and all the fun that came along with her! Thanks for reminding us of this!
Post a Comment
<< Home