OurTwinGirls

Friday, August 25, 2006

4 month check up

Yesterday we took the girls to the doctor for their four month check up. She said both girls are "perfect." We were so anxious to see how much they had grown.
Abigail: 7 lbs 7 oz, 20 1/2 inches
Ansley: 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches
We realized on our way in that the four month visit requires shots. Since the girls received all of their other shots while in the NICU, this would be our first time to experience the screams and cries from the nurses' shots. Two nurses came in with their trays of shots. Each nurse picked a baby and began administering the four shots. Whew! We have never heard cries like that from Abigail or Ansley! One of the four shots would supposedly hurt more than the others. Well when each of the girls received that final shot they screamed with every bit of muscle in their little bodies! The nurses had accidentally left the door cracked so we are certain that any other child in the doctors office feared for their life after the cries of our girls were over! And, no, Mommy couldn't handle all of the cries and screams...she definitely didn't leave with dry eyes! They also drew blood to check the girls' iron levels. They are no longer anemic! We have so much to be thankful for!

12 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Your girls are growing beautifully! I was so excited to finally get to meet them and to meet you, (not you Eric!). I am so excited that your girls are growing and doing excactly as they are suppossed to do. Keep up the good work!!!
    Love,,
    Michael, Stacy, Kayman, Korie, and Kendrix Bryant

    PS. I always hated those shots too! I never left with a dry eye!

     
  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are getting so big! Glad to hear they are perfect and sorry the shots were so horrible.

     
  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:27:00 PM, Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham said…

    Yes, this part of being a mommy is hard. But I can't imagine two screaming with pain at the same time. Glad to hear good news about the girls tests!

     
  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Jillina said…

    Aww shots are the pits. I love William's check ups to find out how much he weighs and such but hate the shots and the after effects. Did the girls do ok after the shots? I hate that I'm going to miss seeing you guys next weekend but have fun in AK - hopefully I can see them during our girls weekend or something.

     
  • At Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:51:00 PM, Blogger Ryan and Michelle said…

    Rebecca, I have been keeping up with you and your precious girls over the past few months and am thrilled they are doing so well. You have such a beatiful family! Michelle Hutchison Sweeney

     
  • At Monday, August 28, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Dana and the kids said…

    Yay on getting so big. I think I cry more than the kids do when they get their shots.

     
  • At Monday, August 28, 2006 9:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys
    I am so glad that they are doing so well!! They have really grown!! I can't wait to see them again!! I don't think we needed the doctors to tell you they were "perfect" HAHA!! They are such sweet angels!!
    I hope you are all doing well!! Love you guys!
    Julie

     
  • At Monday, August 28, 2006 3:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can't believe they're already four months. it doesnt seem like you had them that long ago. but i'm glad to see everythings going good. i miss yall!

     
  • At Monday, August 28, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    Poor babies!! I can't imagine hearing babies scream when they get shots... Nate will have to go with me I think. They are SOOO precious... I can not wait to meet them! I know I say that everytime, but I seriously can't wait! :)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad to see that your girls are growing so beautifully! They are both gorgeous babies!

    Jennie Miller

     
  • At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are so darling! Rebecca, I too can't stand to hear a baby or babies cry. I volunteered when I was younger at a day care and the employees always told me I was spoiling this boy who cried consistently by holding him. I always told them I would rather have a numb arm than hear him cry. Even though the experience was rough, I am glad to know the girls are doing well.
    Love,
    RaeRae

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eric & Rebecca,
    We just found out about this blogspot. The girls are beautiful. Gos has truly blessed your family. We received our card in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You are constantly in our prayers and thoughts. Eric, we miss you and hope to see you, Rebecca and the girls soon! We love you!

    Shawn & Margaret Howington

     

Post a Comment

<< Home