Random Happenings
I was suspicious of one of the girls eating her boogers. I decided we needed to have a conversation about it. I told the girls that we don't eat boogers, do we, and told them how gross it was. Ansley, being as serious as could be said, "Mommy, but I don't always have a place to put them!"
Miss Fix It:
I walked into the bathroom to find Abigail's arms elbow deep in the toilet. Of course, I screamed out of disgust. She said, "Mommy, the toilet paper wouldn't flush because I put a lot in there." I guess since we had gotten onto them for using the "splunger" without Mommy or Daddy's help, she decided she needed to fix the toilet with her bare hands.
Forgiveness:
The girls were supposed to be asleep, and I had fallen asleep on the couch, which is rare. I opened my eyes to see Ansley staring at me. I was about to get onto her and she said, "Mommy, are you still my best friend?"
Abigail and Ansley-isms:
When cooking in the kitchen with the girls, Ansley wanted to eat some more chocolate "clips."
Abigail (after I took a picture and the flash didn't go off): "Mommy, the camera didn't 'lash' because the sun is bright."
The girls wanted to "spice" Camdyn's hair (aka. "spike")
"Prispy Preme" = Krispy Kreme
"Pupcake" = Cupcake
"Macarolli" = maccaroni (Ansley adds the "l" to hers. Abigail tries to correct her, but we have told her to stop. It's just too cute.)
"Oakmilk" = oatmeal
Hide and Seek:
The girls have a secret hiding place. Whenever you see them run away and disappear, they are usually behind the living room couch. What will you find back there? You never know. One Wednesday night after church, I had brought some cookies home and put them on the counter. Ansley disappeared. We finally saw her come out with a cookie and a Taco Bell cup. Eric had eaten at Taco Bell on Sunday and put his drink on the counter, not knowing it was missing, we never looked for it. The girls had been enjoying his drink for a few days.
Double meanings:
The girls have noticed that several words have different meanings. They will say the word and then explain that it's not the other meaning and explain the word with the meaning that they are talking about.
Just a few examples of their explanations/definitions:
- aunts/ants (those with "faces" and those at the zoo)
- dressing (at Thanksgiving and on their salads)
- but/butt (story to follow)
- hey/hay (hey "when talking" and "hay" for animals)
- cheese (when taking a picture and the kind you eat).
But vs butt: Unfortunately, the girls know that not everyone calls bottoms bottoms. We aren't allowed to say "butt" at home. However, "but" when used as a conjunction, can be used. Abigail tends to use "but" in a lot of her conversations. So when she is trying to tell a story and says "but", Ansley interrupts and says "Mommy, Abigail said "butt!" Then I have to explain that it's the "but" that's ok to say....not the bad "butt". This has gotten better, 'but' it was difficult for a while because poor Abigail could barely get a sentence out before Ansley was telling on her! She will also correct Eric or me when we are talking and use "but" in our sentences...and then we have to do the same explanation!
I am CERTAIN there will be many more of these to come! :)



2 Comments:
At Friday, April 09, 2010 11:14:00 PM,
Angie said…
Love all these stories!
At Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:35:00 PM,
Lori said…
What a riot!!!!! You will be SO GLAD you recorded all those one day! Such a hoot!
Post a Comment
<< Home