OurTwinGirls

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Surprise for Daddy

Daddy was gone last night for work (no, he isn't feeling better) so Abigail and Ansley thought we would make Daddy a surprise for Valentine's Day. We made him heart shaped cookies with icing. Then we worked on drawing him a picture for his card. We had lots of fun! There wasn't a dull moment with four extra hands eagerly helping!

Daddy's little cookie bakers


We got a little distracted and acted silly at times...and managed to dump an entire container of pink sugar on the floor, but we worked hard and made some yummy cookies!



Icing the cookies. Did I mention that they probably ate as much dough as we cooked and as much icing as went on the cookies. I kept telling them "no", but I guess it was too good for them to pass up. We were going to share the cookies with other people, but since we couldn't keep from tasting our own treats, it's probably not a good idea!



After seeing the icing, Abigail and Ansley kept insisting on blowing out the candles. Who's birthday was it? No one's, but why not have a little fun?! We got out candles, put them in the piles of icing, and let them sing and blow out the candles.


They also wanted to "blow out the cookies" too. Not sure why, but why not?!

A job well done!

I didn't even know this was taken until I was posting these pictures, but I guess Daddy got one of us sleeping when he got home. We were worn out after all of our baking and decorating. Since Daddy has been sick, the girls and I have been having a slumber party in the guestroom.

A clip of Abigail and Ansley singing "Happy Birthday" with their icing and candles.

So how are the cookies a surprise, if I have posted about them on the blog? Well, I kept explaining that it was a surprise for Daddy. The next morning, we were all in the kitchen, and Ansley says "Daddy, we made...", and I cut her off and whispered that it was a surprise. So then, she points to the cookies sheet on the sink and says "Daddy, we made you a surprise on that!" So we decided to let him see the surprise before we went to school.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home