Another ambulance ride.......
Abigail was tired of hearing the story about Ansley getting to ride in the Ambulance last year. The girls' daycare called us to let us know that Abigail was "unresponsive" after lunch today. The symptoms sounded much like our scare with Ansley last year, but we weren't sure because we didn't witness this episode. If it had been Ansley, it would have been easier to assume it was the same cause, a Febrile Seizure. Eric left his office immediately and "flew" to Vanderbilt Children's hospital. So fast even, that he beat the ambulance there that only had to travel a couple miles. Anyway, Abigail had regained some sense about herself only to realize nothing was right with the world. She was in a strange room on a bed with rails and there were 3 people poking and prodding her and she didn't see her mommy or daddy! As soon as Eric entered the room, she was relieved, laid her little head on his shoulder and fell asleep. Mommy arrived shortly after and stole her baby for a while and then laid her in the bed. Nearly 3 hours later, she woke up and the doctor was able to examine her and diagnosed her with the same Febrile Seizure Ansley had just 9 months earlier. There is nothing you can do for these siezures. They may never have another one. Once either of them show the first sign of a fever, we have to stay on top of it with Tylenol and Motrin.
We are very fortunate to have the girls in a great daycare who handled this situation with extreme professionalism.
We thank all of you who prayed for us today as we had to experience another scary moment. Praise God Abigail is ok.
P.S. She said that the Ambulance ride wasn't worth all the trouble.
We are very fortunate to have the girls in a great daycare who handled this situation with extreme professionalism.
We thank all of you who prayed for us today as we had to experience another scary moment. Praise God Abigail is ok.
P.S. She said that the Ambulance ride wasn't worth all the trouble.



12 Comments:
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:57:00 AM,
Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said…
Poor thing, what a scare for Mommy and Daddy! I am glad she is okay. I hate that your girls have to suffer from this, but it is an eye opener for the rest of us Moms who are not as informed. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:43:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
How scary! I'm so glad she's ok! Praise God!
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:30:00 AM,
Becky said…
Oh Bec... I am so sorry!! How scary... I can not imagine! Thank the Lord she is OK! No more ambulance rides girls!!!!!!
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:23:00 AM,
Cristie said…
Ahhh, that sounds so scary, especially it happening when you were not there. Hope everyone is feeling better, can't wait to see the 2nd bday pics!
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:19:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Wow Rebecca....I could not EVEN imagine how scary that was! I am so glad that she is ok. Lets pray that NEVER happens again!
Love,
Narey
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:29:00 PM,
Julie and Chris said…
Wow guys!! I hope that is it for those girls!! I am glad that she is ok!! Love you guys!
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:09:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Call my mom! I had febrile seizures when I was a toddler (I assure you, I turned out ok!) and I'm sure she would be more than happy to answer any questions or just be supportive as a mom who dealt with the same thing. Glad Abigail is ok. - Kristin Barnes
At Friday, April 25, 2008 1:02:00 AM,
Angie said…
I'm so glad all is well again. This is such a scary situation. These girls are going to have you and Eric plagued with gray hair by the time they're 5!
At Friday, April 25, 2008 10:09:00 PM,
Elizabeth said…
That had to be so scary!!! I can't believe that your sweet babies are 2! Time just flies. They are just precious and I've enjoyed reading all your new posts.
At Monday, April 28, 2008 10:43:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
OHMY, we are praying for no more drama at your house. How scary!!
At Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:03:00 PM,
Mike and Allison said…
Oh you poor thing! I can't even imagine how scary something like that would be. I am glad to hear that Abigail is doing okay. We will pray that this was the last ambulance ride now that both the girls have had their turns in the ambulance!!
At Sunday, May 04, 2008 10:51:00 AM,
The Adams Family said…
Well...unfortunately we know how you feel. Anna Beth had a febrile seizure last night. You feel so powerless when you're not there...She was in excellent hands & is doing GREAT now (more info on our blog). We need to tell these girls to quit this!
-Shaun
Post a Comment
<< Home