OurTwinGirls

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Great Wall of...Diapers?!

As I was gathering up the handy diaper boxes that I have saved, I decided that I would stop and reflect on the unbelievable amount of diapers that we have used during the past 15 months. And, then, since a working mother of twins has so much spare time on her hands, I proceeded to make this lovely "Great Wall of Diapers." I caught myself thinking..."That's not that bad." Then I realized that I only had diaper boxes for those diapers starting at 14 pounds (size 1-2). So then I tried to figure out when the girls weighed 14 pounds...it wasn't until JANUARY!!!!! Then I came to the ugly realization that we have gone through this many diapers during the first half of 2007! 2,504 diapers in 6 months(that's not including the ones that we have used from Nana and Granddaddy's stash)! Wow! Even though I never buy diapers without a coupon, I still had to keep myself from thinking about how much I had paid for these now empty boxes! Potty training cannot come soon enough! :)


(Eric always bugs me about saving things because I always feel like "we should save it just in case." So thank you, Jennifer, for needing these boxes for your move!)

13 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Jillina said…

    Oh this is sad and funny all at the same time.

     
  • At Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:52:00 PM, Blogger chris anne said…

    oh my goodness. i don't even want to think about how much we've spent on diapers. and we had such a great headstart from my kids at school. but, at least we don't have to wash cloth diapers!!! yikes.

     
  • At Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Leslie Ware said…

    I love it~ I would be thinking the exact same thing: what else could I have spent this money on?

     
  • At Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    You crack me up! And the reason that you save so many things is because deep down you were destined to be a teacher. Teachers always save things "just in case."

     
  • At Friday, July 27, 2007 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    ahhhh! That is crazy!!! How funny! ps... you look beautiful!!!

     
  • At Friday, July 27, 2007 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Too funny! I love it!

     
  • At Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:06:00 PM, Blogger The Hazlewoods said…

    Mitchell...oh my goodness...I showed this to Ben and he got a little nervous considering we are about to embark in the diaper buying in about a month or so! We are stocked up a little bit but CLEARLY not enough! I will start clipping the coupons now! I do agree with Chris...at least we can just throw them away and not have to wash them...YUCKY! Too funny...hope you all are well!

     
  • At Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Lindsay said…

    Wow! That's a lot of diapers!! Saving the boxes is something that Dave would do for sure: )

     
  • At Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! What alot of diapers!! I'll save all the diaper coupons they put in the Sunday morning paper for you from now on. Every week I throw them away but I see you can put them to good use!!

    Abigail and Ansley-I met your Grammy today!! She was very pretty and nice!!

     
  • At Monday, July 30, 2007 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow!! I was just telling Trent last night that I was starting to worry about all the new expenses we'll have with a baby (and just one at that!) and he said "How expensive can it really be?"

     
  • At Monday, July 30, 2007 5:54:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said…

    ohhhhh. that makes me nausiated to look at. That's why we recycle the boxes pronto so we don't have to think about it!

     
  • At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Hey, can I have some of those? They are great for packing baby clothes in! Just the right size so they aren't too heavy or hard to move around!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:31:00 PM, Blogger The Hadfields said…

    How insane! And I notice that you have mostly Pampers, which are the most expensive!! I used those until a few months ago when I, as well, came to the realization that we have spent a fortune on diapers! I have been buying LUVS ever since then b/c they are made by the Pampers people and I have been fairly pleased! Just a little FYI!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home