OurTwinGirls

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy 86th Birthday, Papa!

We had a family gathering for Papa's 86th birthday. This birthday was extra special because he was really sick at Christmas time with a heart condition, and he and the family were faced with making some tough decisions about his health. After lots of prayers, the Lord took the burden of making the right decision off of us, and the doctors came in with "their" plan. He had stints put in instead of open heart surgery and was able to go home from the hospital in just a few days after the procedure. He is doing much better and is anxiously waiting on it to warm up outside so he can go fishing again. Happy Birthday, Papa!!!!

Three of the four great granddaughters helped him blow out his candles.

Getting a little time in with Camdyn. Camdyn's middle name "Mitchell" (Mommy's maiden name) comes from this side of the family.
I was honored to make the cake. (Since we were celebrating on Valentines Day, I thought he needed some hearts, but I went with chocolate icing to make it a little more "manly.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home