Back to Work
The day I have been dreading since before Camdyn was even born has arrived. My maternity leave is over, and I have to return to work. Don't get me wrong. I have a great job with a wonderful company, but I have had such a wonderful time with Camdyn and the girls that it is much harder than I thought it would be to even think about going back. When I had the girls, I had no idea what one on one bonding time with a baby was like. I was constantly feeding, diapering, washing, etc. Just when I was finished with one, it was time to start another. So I would have to trade babies and start all over again. With Camdyn, it has been so different. Abigail and Ansley were easier babies and didn't really cry much...there were just two of them. Camdyn has been MUCH fussier. He has wanted to be held ALL of the time until about 12 weeks so we got some major cuddle time in. That's about when we started figuring each other out, and things got a little easier. So here we are at almost 16 weeks...
Despite my not wanting to return to work, I am EXTREMELY fortunate that Camdyn will get to spend part of the week with Nana and part with our dear friend Ronda and her "boys." Although I wish so badly that I could be the one cuddling with him all day, it does make it easier to leave them in the hands of Nana and Ronda. I do, however, look forward to the day that I will be able to work maybe just part time and be able to spend more time with my angels. Until then, I will continue to be selfish about my time away from work. I find myself only wanting to spend time with my little ones and not wanting to share them with anyone else, which makes it hard to run necessary errands, keep up with the housework, spend time with dear friends, etc. So, I apologize, in advance, if you fall into one of these categories. Please keep us all in your prayers as we transition into our new schedule!
Despite my not wanting to return to work, I am EXTREMELY fortunate that Camdyn will get to spend part of the week with Nana and part with our dear friend Ronda and her "boys." Although I wish so badly that I could be the one cuddling with him all day, it does make it easier to leave them in the hands of Nana and Ronda. I do, however, look forward to the day that I will be able to work maybe just part time and be able to spend more time with my angels. Until then, I will continue to be selfish about my time away from work. I find myself only wanting to spend time with my little ones and not wanting to share them with anyone else, which makes it hard to run necessary errands, keep up with the housework, spend time with dear friends, etc. So, I apologize, in advance, if you fall into one of these categories. Please keep us all in your prayers as we transition into our new schedule!
Due to the weather, I did get to stay home one extra day with the little ones and enjoy a little more time in the snow. I think the Lord knew that I wasn't quite ready.
The girls love to do "homework" when they are home. So since they didn't have school, I thought we would have school at home. We worked on some handwriting and then had a few things to cut, color, and glue. I love their little tongues that help them cut with scissors! Camdyn is eager to help, but he enjoyed cuddling with me. :)
Not sure...for some reason Ansley wanted Abigail to sit in her lap
Please wish me luck as I head back to work!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home