OurTwinGirls

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Trip to Memphis and Liberty Bowl

On New Years Day evening, we loaded up and headed to Memphis. We had tickets to the Liberty Bowl so Daddy was SUPER excited! Abigail and Ansley were SUPER excited because we were getting to stay with their cousins Benson and Sloane. There is never a dull moment when they are all playing together! It seems like they can go forever without taking a break! The weather forecast for the day was MUCH too cold for Abigail and Ansley to go. So, thanks to sweet Aunt NayNay and Uncle Whatsup, all three children stayed with them while we went to the game. The girls enjoyed getting makeovers with NayNay, complete with hair and makeup! Turns out the game was colder than I had anticipated, dropping into the teens during the game. I am not sure if I have ever been that cold. Thanks to East Carolina missing a couple of field goals, we went into overtime. It was not the weather that we needed for an overtime game, but Arkansas ended up winning with a field goal. At least our frozen bodies were able to leave with a win! We stayed until Sunday and went to church there. All five children had to be taken out during the sermon because they were enjoying each other's company so much. :) Afterwards, we enjoyed some Pei Wei, took naps, and headed home. I wish I had a picture of them all dressed up. They all had coordinating snowflake outfits on, which happened to be a coincidence, but they looked precious! It was such a special trip, and we greatly appreciate the hospitality of Eric's precious sister and her family!

The cold weather didn't stop the children from enjoying the backyard!
(Thank you, Benson and Sloane, for sharing all of your toys!)
Before the game. Maddie and Uncle Matthew met us so we could ride together. Don't we look cute in our matching shirts?!
(Grammy and Peepaw got Eric and mine for Christmas, then, liking them so much, I got Matthew and Maddie theirs for Christmas.)
We won! It was so cold, I think I would have been a little upset if we had left without that win!
I wasn't worried about looking cute. I wanted to be warm. Too bad I failed at both! Ha!
4 frozen Arkansas fans!
The makeovers by the talented Aunt Nay Nay
Before:
Abigail after:
Ansley after: She said Ansley wanted straight hair, but felt like she looked like a cheerleader.
Whew! I am NOT ready for them to grow up! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home