Washington DC & Weekend with the Grandparents
Eric earned a fabulous trip to Washington DC with his work, and, of course, I went along as his guest. We enjoyed extravagant meals in a luxurious hotel just blocks away from the White House. (Thank you, Farmers!) I hadn't been since 8th grade, and he had never been so we tried to see as much as we could while we were there. This was the longest that we have ever been away from the girls so we were so excited to see them when we got home. We didn't get to see them for four days, which is a long time in Mommy and Daddy land! :)
Abigail and Ansley were able to spend time with both sets of grandparents. They started out with Nana and Papa Bear and then Grammy and Peepaw came into town. They enjoyed getting spoiled all weekend, but I think they were excited to see us when we got home. We had to wake them up even though it was almost midnight to say "hi" and give our kisses! Thank you to Abigail and Ansley's wonderful grandparents for letting us get away for a much needed adult weekend!
Abigail and Ansley were able to spend time with both sets of grandparents. They started out with Nana and Papa Bear and then Grammy and Peepaw came into town. They enjoyed getting spoiled all weekend, but I think they were excited to see us when we got home. We had to wake them up even though it was almost midnight to say "hi" and give our kisses! Thank you to Abigail and Ansley's wonderful grandparents for letting us get away for a much needed adult weekend!
Sight-seeing
Eric at home with his pear from George Washington's garden at Mt Vernon
We enjoyed a black tie dinner...look at this dessert! (White chocolate shell replica of the White House filled with chocolate mousse)



2 Comments:
At Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:10:00 PM,
Angie said…
I had no idea y'all did this. An adults only weekend-- fun! You look gorgeous in all these pics, by the way!
At Monday, October 20, 2008 3:12:00 PM,
Tedder Kids said…
I'm so glad you had a great time! And I do LOVE that Tie Eric :)
Post a Comment
<< Home