Febrile Fiasco...and Daddy's "Boo Boo"
We have definitely had a crazy past few days. It all started when we were leaving Mommy's work party on Saturday afternoon and look in the backseat and Ansley is having one of her seizures. Because we were so far from Nashville and not used to these yet, we called an ambulance and made the drive to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. Ansley checked out ok and was released later that night. On Monday, Nana took Ansley to the doctor and we find out her fever, which had caused her seizure, was from her having strep throat. Great. I get the call at work and immediately leave to take Abigail to the doctor. We have learned that our house is a germ farm, and it is pretty much impossible to keep Abigail and Ansley from sharing germs. The sweet staff at the school knew that Ansley had been running a fever and took Abigail's temperature every two hours that day and even gave her a dose of Motrin to try to ensure she wouldn't have one of their "episodes" at school. I pick her up, she looks great and feels great, and we head to see the doctor...just in case. While we were there, I could see Abigail starting to "wilt" right before my eyes. She didn't test that she had strep nor was she running a fever, but our sweet doctor knew better. It looked like strep. She warned me of the risk of seizures with strep. Since Abigail wasn't due for her next dose of Motrin for at least an hour, I headed straight to Walgreens to get some medicine so I could "outsmart" this seizure. I could tell she had a fever 15 minutes later as we were walking into Walgreens. I bought some Motrin and just went ahead and gave it to her right there in the store. In my head, I was thinking..."You nasty fever...take that!" Knowing she was sick, we headed straight home, but I needed a little gas. I stopped to pump $10 of gas. We all know that only takes a second these days. I get out, scan the card, check Abigail-she's ok, pump the gas, get in, look at Abigail-seizure. Great. I hop out, yell at some unlucky man to get me a blanket, and another unlucky lady to get a cool rag. I get out and let Abigail have her little episode right there by the gas pumps. I go ahead and call 911, listen to them fight over whether I am in Brentwood or Nashville, and wait. This one was more "violent" with lots of shaking and foaming at her little mouth. Not fun. As she begins to come out of it, I feel a lot better, but we go on to Vanderbilt after Daddy gets there. I know that it won't ever get "easy" to deal with the seizures, but I think we might get to a point where we don't have to go to the ER...but I am not a doctor and can't truly assess the situation. So poor Vanderbilt might be seeing a lot of us. I do hope not, but we were told that since they have both had several of the seizures then it will probably be a common thing for them when they run a fever. Lovely. I think we will also need to work with Abigail and Ansley to cut out this sibling rivalry thing. If they really get jealous and want a ride because her sister got one or it's been a while, maybe there is a place that you can simply rent an ambulance for an hour or so!
(Thank you to the family, the Osborne gang, sweet people in White House, TN, and the kind people at the Nolensville/Brentwood Kroger gas station for helping us out when all of this chaos strikes!)
Eric had surgery a couple of weeks ago to correct some damage in his shoulder. He has been enjoying a lovely sling that keeps him from moving it at all. The girls are very concerned about his "boo boo" and are definitely ready to get back to wrestling in the floor. It's supposed to take several months before he can lift the girls again and do things like that...so let's all pray for a super quick recovery! ;)
(Thank you to the family, the Osborne gang, sweet people in White House, TN, and the kind people at the Nolensville/Brentwood Kroger gas station for helping us out when all of this chaos strikes!)
Eric had surgery a couple of weeks ago to correct some damage in his shoulder. He has been enjoying a lovely sling that keeps him from moving it at all. The girls are very concerned about his "boo boo" and are definitely ready to get back to wrestling in the floor. It's supposed to take several months before he can lift the girls again and do things like that...so let's all pray for a super quick recovery! ;)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home