9 Month Doctor Visit
We can't believe it either! Abigail and Ansley went for their 9 month visit today. We were able to get it in a little early to coincide with their RSV vaccinations. So don't worry, we can count! :) The girls check up went very well! Abigail weighed 13 lbs. 2 oz and was 24 1/2 in. Ansley weighed 13 lbs. 6 oz. and was also 24 1/2 in. They aren't yet on the growth curve for their age, but Dr. Morel did say that she thought they would be by the time they are a year or so. Even at their adjusted age of 6 months, they are in about the 5th percentile. There's nothing wrong with being petite, right?! They each got 2 shots, along with a prick on the toe to check their iron levels. Dr. Morel had warned us that they might be low because babies absorb most of their iron from their mother in the 3rd trimester, which they basically skipped. Both of the girls' blood was perfect so no more worries about being anemic! We were given the ok to start a few table foods in a couple of months. Dr. Morel quickly corrected Daddy when he started suggesting things like french fries, chicken tenders, and Koolaid! This doctor's visit was much different than all of the others. Gone are the days of peaceful visits. If they weren't talking like crazy, they were either rolling around on the table, or trying to eat the paper! It was very entertaining! We have been so blessed to have such healthy bundles of joy!
Lots of love to you all!
Lots of love to you all!



11 Comments:
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 2:37:00 PM,
chris anne said…
great! i'm so glad they are doing so well. about those doctor visits--wait until they remember the nurse who give them shots and scream when they see her! it's great fun.
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:16:00 PM,
Angie said…
I'm glad they're healthy. And petite is definitely not a bad thing to be.... and even if they don't like being little, they don't have to worry, because they more than make up for it in personality! Those two are a handful! :)
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:20:00 AM,
Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said…
That sounds like a wonderful doctor visit! You guys are doing an awesome job, they look very health and happy. I can only tell you the doctor visit only get more and more hectic. Just be thankful you don't have to go as frequently! Happy New Year!
Jamie
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:54:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am glad that the girls got a good report on their check-ups. I cannot wait to get all of the girls together for a picture in their dresses we got them for Christmas. I cannot remember if I told you or not, but Jolee has the same dress! Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Rachael, Daniel, Lane and Jolee
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:11:00 AM,
countrymusicgirl said…
I AM SO GLAD THE GIRLS ARE DOING WELL!!! Just think....this time next year they will be walking around and getting into everything!!!
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:37:00 PM,
Lindsay said…
Those pictures are too sweet. I'm so glad that I got to see you this weekend. You and the girls looked so good! Please take me up on the babysitting when you need it : )
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 1:59:00 PM,
Jillina said…
I saw the title and thought what? I thought William was older but we are going in for his 9 mo late and you went early so that explains it. Glad you had a good doctor visit and I can't imagine trying to entertain 2 babies, I'm usually beat after taking 1 in!
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:25:00 PM,
Angie said…
Those mirrors are very tricky. It looks like FOUR Johns girls!!!!
At Friday, January 05, 2007 8:06:00 AM,
Abigail and Ansley said…
Two Johns girls are plenty for now! :)
At Friday, January 05, 2007 8:51:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad they are doing so well! They are SO precious!
Jason & Amy Conner
At Friday, January 05, 2007 8:18:00 PM,
Becky said…
They are the cutest little sweeties!!! I love those pics! Yay for the good doctor visit!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home