Is it that time of the year again?!
Is it time again for all of the snotty noses, coughing, sneezing, etc?! Well, if you came to our house, you would think so. It all started a couple of weeks ago when Abigail went to the doctor and she had pink eye and a double ear infection. Since we normally just take both to the doctor when one of them is sick, we found out Ansley had an ear infection too. They did pretty well the next week while Mommy was out of town. Well, last week was a different story! Abigail went back on Monday because she was running a fever again. Sure enough, her ears weren't any better so the doctor put her on a different antibiotic. By Wednesday, Ansley was running a fever too. We took her to the doctor and found out her ear wasn't any better and that she had pink eye now. What?! New antibiotic. Needless to say, the girls have missed a lot of school lately and have been getting to spend a lot of time with Nana. Otherwise, their Daddy and I would have probably already been fired from our jobs. (Ok, Eric is his own boss but still!!!) We go back in two weeks for, hopefully, a healthy check up on the ears and whatever else they have picked up before then. The girls will then be put on a preventative medicine for their ear infections, which haven't been that bad, but we have to find a way to keep them well this fall/winter. If that doesn't work, we will then start talking about tubes, but the doctor doesn't seem too concerned at this point. She refers to our house as a germ farm because, if one of them doesn't pick something up, the other one will...and by the time she is getting over it then the other one has it. I told her that we don't mind getting tubes if it helps them feel better. I have heard that they have worked wonders for the girls' friend Lauren and cousin Jolee. So we shall see! This is also a bad time for our allergies so this could be a long season! :)
These were from the other morning before school...
Ansley: "Aren't I cute?! I promise I wasn't playing with the toilet paper!"
Abigail: "Look quick, Mommy and Daddy, I'm actually innocent!"



1 Comments:
At Monday, September 17, 2007 10:09:00 AM,
THE MORROW FAMILY said…
I'm not looking forward to the colds, ear infections, breathing treatments, etc. NO fun at all...especially when you know they're all going to get it. Hope the girls do better this year than last. I'm afraid Noah will have to get tubes, too. I've heard that it does work wonders, though.
Post a Comment
<< Home